RAW’s Program Assistant will provide assistance and communication of outreach, enrollment, evaluations, and other program related activities. This position supports the Program Director (PD) and Program Manager (PM) in their efforts to lead RAW’s program team. Candidates should have excellent communication and interpersonal skills including a warm welcoming manner, patience, and a strong desire to support staff and kids. This position reports to the Program Director and Program Manager.
Raw Art Works
RAW is a nationally recognized nonprofit based in Lynn, Massachusetts. We currently offer 50 annual groups and programs joining art therapy, arts education and youth media/filmmaking with youth development. Founded and staffed by arts therapists, RAW’s mission is to ignite the desire to create and the confidence to succeed in underserved youth. Founded in 1988, RAW has operated community-based studios in Lynn since 1994. The organization has 22 staff members including alumni staff and serves over 1,300 children and teens each year. For more information visit www.rawartworks.org.
Outreach: Assist in communication with teachers, schools, organizations, and with parents of youth. Assist in the planning and execution of RAW related events, such as Big Thanks, Alumni Council meetings and the Alumni Dinner.
Enrollment and Management: Track youth, process applications, manage the waiting list, and field inquiries about general programming information.. Set up reports in Excel and work with PD and PM to further design and maintain all aspects of RAW’s database in Salesforce.
Evaluation: Assist PD with aspects of youth evaluations, including the creation, administration, analysis of evaluations and production of reports. Assist PD and Project Launch Director in the assessment of long-term outcomes of alumni and further develop alumni connections.
Assistant and/or substitute instructors: Depending on needs of RAW and availability of Program Assistant, assist in art therapy groups and workshops as needed. Help to manage documentation of groups in Salesforce and through the managing of photos.
* Superior telephone, communication, and interpersonal skills to interact effectively and positively with people. Comfort with diversity.
* Ability to show understanding, patience and skills when dealing with staff and public.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills, including editing.
* Able to handle multiple tasks and consistently meet deadlines. Proactive, collaborative, and detail-oriented.
* Able to maintain confidentiality.
* Excellent word processing, spreadsheet, and database skills. High level of proficiency with a variety of technology and cloud-based computing systems, including MS Office and Google Apps. Experience with Salesforce a plus.
* Exceptional level of personal organization, with strong project/process planning skills. Able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
* Fluency in a language other than English, especially Spanish, Vietnamese, or Khmer, is highly desired.
* We are looking for someone with energy, enthusiasm and commitment, who holds themselves to a high standard of professionalism. Creativity and a passion for RAW’s mission are required.
* Must have Driver’s License
Hours and Salary: 19 hours per week, $14/hour.
How to Apply: Please send a resume, cover letter, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Raw Art Works is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively seeks a diverse staff that is reflective of the community it serves.