JOIN THE RAW TEAM!
RAW is seeking a motivated writer and experienced fundraiser who works alongside fundraising professionals and program staff to meet the organization’s foundation, corporate, and government grants annual revenue targets. This is a full-time position. The Grant Manager will work on a team of two writers under the guidance of the Director of Development to generate grant funding from private, community, and family foundations as well as corporate and government grant funders. On a given year, grants are responsible for 45-50% of our overall operating budget, which is approximately $2.2MM and growing. We are looking for someone with energy, enthusiasm, and commitment, who holds themselves to a high standard of craft and productivity.
Foundation, Corporate and Government Grant Funding:
Develop well-researched, tailored, and high-impact proposals reports, acknowledgment letters, and other grant-related deliverables through authentic, effective and compelling communication in a voice that reflects RAW’s mission, programs and goals.
Work closely with program staff to strategize around grant opportunities and determine proposal deliverables.
Work in collaboration with key staff to develop proposal components, e.g. budgets, attachments, supporting documents, etc.
Leverage existing systems and engage Director of Development, Executive Director, other senior staff, and youth to schedule and orchestrate meetings and site visits with funders and strategize the most impactful visit formats.
The Grant Manager regularly represents the organization at external meetings and builds new partnerships with funders and collaborators
With guidance from Director of Development, monitor all operations related to grant funding from foundations as well as corporate and government funders, including prospect research and developing strategies.
Also monitor the annual calendar of proposals, letters of inquiry and reports submitted to local, regional and national funders, including complex program and organizational budgets.
3-5 years of demonstrated success in foundation, corporate, and government relations.
Familiarity with funding community in Greater Boston and beyond.
Excellent interpersonal skills
Internet skills and computer literacy in word processing, spreadsheets, and database management and gift processing (Results Plus)
Exceptional level of personal organization and attention to detail, with strong project and process planning skills (systems)
Proven ability to work under pressure and on a range of time-sensitive projects simultaneously
Occasional evening and weekend event support. Must have reliable transportation.
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor’s degree preferred. A wide range of disciplines is acceptable.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Applications will be reviewed until the position is filled.
SALARY: Commensurate with experience.
TO APPLY: Please submit cover letter, resume, and 2-3 grant proposal samples with the subject line “Grants Manager” to: email@example.com.
Do you have an insatiable drive to tackle problems as they arise and quickly restore order while balancing a multitude of other priorities? Are you a results-oriented professional who will embrace the responsibility of managing systems and a myriad of tasks essential to the efficient daily operations of RAW? Do you possess a high degree of initiative, energy and stamina, a willingness to embrace technology and a friendly, responsive and approachable demeanor? If you are intrigued by the opportunity to conduct the day-to-day operations of this inspiring organization, striving to have everything run seamlessly and efficiently, ensuring that all the “trains are on schedule,” then consider joining our team. Our staff of twenty-eight, which includes RAW alumni, serves over 450 youth in weekly programming each year. This is a full-time position reporting to the Director of Operations.
primary Responsibilities: Management of smooth and efficient day-to-day operations of RAW
· Maintain facilities and coordinate facility projects (building and equipment maintenance and upgrades, annual facility contracts, liability insurance, etc.).
· Act as point person for all facility maintenance and security issues, working with part-time facilities maintenance staff
· Van/vehicle inspections, oil changes, and coordinating necessary repairs to RAW’s vans.
Information Technology and Communications
· Workstation user support as needed, coordinating and managing IT services, with an eye to upgrades and new technologies.
· Ensure smooth functioning of all communications systems.
· Office tasks: i.e., typing, filing, answering phones, data entry, copying, mailings, post-office runs, responding to basic requests of staff.
· Respond to general RAW correspondence and information requests, especially via phone and email.
· Support HR functions as needed
· Management of inventory and purchase of supplies for office and other common areas
· Supervise part-time Office Assistants and contract facilities maintenance staff, including performance reviews
· Readily available to provide support across teams in peak seasons as needed
· Previous experience in office management is strongly desired
· A strong belief in the RAW mission, energy, enthusiasm, and a positive attitude are a must.
· Candidates with strong organizational skills and a systems based approach will be very successful in this role
· Willingness to learn and experience new challenges
· Pride in owning a key part of the overall success of RAW.
Applications will be reviewed as received.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Office Manager.”
No phone calls please.
Raw Art Works is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively seeks a diverse staff that is reflective of the community it serves.
Raw Art Works is a nationally recognized nonprofit based in Lynn, Massachusetts. We currently offer 50 annual groups and programs joining art therapy, arts education and youth media/filmmaking with youth development. Founded and staffed by arts therapists, RAW’s mission is to ignite the desire to create and the confidence to succeed in underserved youth. Founded in 1988, RAW has operated community-based studios in Lynn since 1994. The organization has 22 staff members including alumni staff and serves over 1,300 children and teens each year.