JOIN THE RAW TEAM!
DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT
The Director of Development (DOD) will have a rewarding opportunity to lead the next phase of philanthropic support for RAW. The DOD will nurture and grow a robust philanthropy program that looks beyond RAW’s current status to envision and sustain an organization striving for ever greater community impact while adhering to long-term capitalization and short-term operational goals. Directing all aspects of fundraising and adept at in-person solicitation (both institutional and individual), the DOD will be responsible for just more than $2 million in revenues. This individual will be charged with developing and implementing strategies and plans to deepen relationships in all segments of the philanthropic community.
The successful DOD will take a leadership role both within the organization and externally, interacting frequently with current and prospective supporters to establish beneficial relationships. Reporting to and partnering with the Executive Director, the DOD will be a member of RAW’s Leadership Team, offering input and advice on organizational issues and advancing organizational goals. The DOD will manage a four-person team, currently including the Development Manager, Grants Manager, Grant Writer, and Development Associate. The DOD will also work collaboratively with the program staff and board of directors. Demonstrating a high degree of versatility and resiliency, the DOD will focus intensely on achieving fundraising goals and will prioritize relationship building while executing the hands-on work required to continue strengthening the development capacity of the team.
Applications and Inquiries
Please submit a cover letter and resume with a summary of demonstrable accomplishments (electronic submissions preferred) to:
Ms. Wyona Lynch-McWhite, Vice President of Arts Consulting Group
292 Newbury Street, Suite 315
Boston, MA 02115-2801
Tel (888) 234.4236 Ext. 225
Raw Art Works (RAW) seeks an Art Therapist with vision and passion. RAW has designed and implemented a comprehensive art therapy program within an alternative middle/high school. We are looking for someone with significant experience working with clinically diagnosed teens, including a background working with trauma. This person will facilitate groups and sessions and build relationships with students through the creation of meaningful art. The ability to collaborate with a dynamic team of teachers is essential.
RAW hires Art Therapists who are committed artists in their own right and therefore we ask that you include a portfolio of your recent work with your application (see To Apply below). The Art Therapist will receive clinical and programmatic supervision by registered Art Therapists and will be able to accrue hours for ATR licensure.
This position will be for a temporary part-time employee who will be employed during the school year.
· Lead individual and group sessions; develop innovative art concepts appropriate for both
· Build meaningful relationships with students, providing artistic and emotional support
· Build meaningful relationships with teachers and staff
· Collaborate with both the RAW and school clinical teams; including contributing to IEP, clinical, and family meetings
· Create a safe, supportive, inclusive and FUN environment for youth
· Exhibit artwork of youth within and outside of the school as opportunities arise
· Minimum of three years working with adolescents with a record of success. At least one year experience working with youth in a clinical setting
· Preference for experience in creative youth development
· Strong team player, continually open to learning and teaching new skills and techniques
· Superior communication, organization and problem-solving skills
· Energy, enthusiasm, and commitment, with a high standard of professionalism
· Must submit portfolio of own art work (ideally you will also show examples of art with youth with whom you have worked)
· Sense of humor
· Fluency in a language other than English, particularly Spanish, is highly desired
· Must have driver’s license
Educational Requirement: Masters degree in Art or Expressive Therapy
Application Deadline: Applications accepted and reviewed as received; position is open January 2020.
Hours and Salary: 17 hours per week. $25-$27/hr commensurate with experience
No calls please.
Submit cover letter and resume with the subject line Art Therapist Search at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include a link to your website or PDF/JPG attachments of your artwork. Examples can also include exhibits of student work you have facilitated, however, you may submit client work at a later date if you need to secure releases to use the images.
If sending jpg images, please size them so they are not over 1MB each.
Please answer the following in the cover letter:
1. When working with teens, describe a recent situation where from process to finished product the art concept that you presented was successful.
2. Briefly describe an effective strategy you applied when working in a difficult clinical situation with a teen group or a challenging student in 7th-12th grade.
Raw Art Works is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively seeks a diverse staff that is reflective of the community it serves.
RAW is a nationally recognized nonprofit based in Lynn, Massachusetts. We currently offer over 50 annual groups and programs joining art therapy, arts education and youth media/filmmaking with creative youth development. Founded and staffed by arts therapists, RAW’s mission is to ignite the desire to create and the confidence to succeed in our youth. Founded in 1988, RAW has operated community-based studios in Lynn since 1994. The organization has twenty four staff members and serves over 550 children and teens each year.